Have you ever seen multiple ads for something you’ve already purchased? Or maybe you’re one of millions that’s seen the same ad over and over again so that the jingle becomes a dreaded ear worm. These two examples are a result of the same thing: an incomplete and inaccurate understanding of TV viewership.
Samba TV’s mission is to create data at the heart of TV, powering a more scientific approach to advertising and a better viewing experience for everyone. The data gathered by Samba TV is in exchange for real benefits to the viewer. Let’s take a look at just three of the reasons millions of households have opted in with Samba TV in our shared dream of a better viewing experience for all:
Improved On-Screen Experience
Above all else, consumers value how their content may or may not improve with the exchange of data. Samba AI™ is Samba TV’s suite of advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies integrated into Connected TVs to create the best viewer experience possible. For TV devices that integrate Samba AI, here are just some of the benefits consumers can expect:
- Do you change your TV settings every time you change the channel? Your answer is most likely no. Enter Samba TV Picture Perfect℠. This exciting technology recognizes sports, movies, and video games in real-time and adjusts the picture quality of the content playing, with or without an internet connection. Picture Perfect℠ enables higher refresh rates when needed and disables when not, ensuring the best viewing experience at all times.
- Ever watched a show and wished you knew the actor’s name on the screen without having to pause and Google? The Samba AI solution, Smart Screen, drives a more immersive and engaging experience by giving users enhanced content information. An on-screen informational tile about content, actors and actresses appears when users pause content and provides recommendations of similar content to watch. This AI technology works in real time with no video pre-processing, allowing it to work across all content for users.
- Not sure what to watch next? Samba TV’s Content Recommendation API provides the data to help move consumers to their new favorite show based on similar content and what is currently trending.
Greater Control Over Data
Samba TV has been an industry leader in privacy since its inception. And, with transparency of data use now a top priority among consumers (three-quarters say they want greater transparency about how their data is used), it’s all the more necessary. In fact, 40% of consumers say they would share their data if they knew how it would be used and by whom.
With Samba TV’s Privacy Center, consumers have access to all their privacy settings including third-party sharing, content, and ad preferences. With our privacy-first approach and automatic content recognition (ACR) that is 100% opt-in, consumers can feel confident that their data is in good hands – and whenever they want to lift the curtain to see where their data’s going, it’s at their fingertips.
More Tailored, Relevant Ad Experiences
Without data informing advertisers, you’re more likely to get the same ad over and over again, let alone ads that don’t make sense to you. Using Samba TV data, advertisers can create more targeted advertising, across both the TV and other devices like mobile phones, based on a consumer’s TV viewership. Advertisers use this content viewership and ad exposure data across a multitude of use cases, such as:
- Managing reach and frequency of ads across platforms and devices
- Targeting viewers who have an affinity for similar content to their own
- Measuring conversions from their ads, such as tune-ins or online purchases
These use cases, while very valuable to an advertiser, also help to create a more seamless and relevant experience for the consumer:
- Improved frequency across devices means less likelihood of consumers seeing a single advertisement too many times and becoming tired of it.
- Targeted advertisements are more relevant and tailored to consumer’s preferences.
- Accurate conversion measurement allows advertisers to stop showing ads to a consumer once they’ve taken the desired outcome, meaning less irrelevant advertising for the consumer.
When it comes to why consumers opt in, the value exchange is clear. Samba TV’s mission to power a more scientific approach to advertising and a better viewing experience for everyone means using this data responsibly to deliver value to consumers, advertisers, and publishers, whether through greater transparency over shared data, immersive on-screen experiences, or a more tailored ad experience.